NCYP is open to professional individuals under the age of 45 who work or reside in the Lake Erie Shores & Islands and provides the opportunity to network and socialize in a relaxed and professional environment.
North Coast Young Professionals was established to provide opportunities for young professionals in the Lake Erie Shores & Islands region.
Originally formed as a part of the Erie County Chamber of Commerce in order to give young professionals a chance to network, the demand to join the group expanded beyond Erie County thus prompting the creation of NCYP.
North Coast Young Professionals can be found in all walks of life. Members include government officials, financial advisors, construction managers, bankers, marketing executives, accountants, small and large business owners, media executives, real estate agents and more. With the focus of our group being networking, developing personal and leadership skills, education, and volunteerism; NCYP can provide opportunities for young professionals to grow in and with our community.
NCYP has several founding principles which make this organization great:
- To provide civic, philanthropic, service, networking and social opportunities for young professionals in the Firelands region
- To provide opportunities to improve leadership skills through training, planning, education and practice
- To encourage the sharing of ideas with likeminded people in an welcoming and friendly environment
- To provide an opportunity for young professionals to gain experience in a board of directors capacity
- To provide a social environment to relax after work and have a good time with other young professionals
- To encourage young professionals to interact with other local professional and civic organizations